- Ranked 2010’s #1 Northeast Ohio Suburb by Cleveland Magazine
- School system rated “Excellent with Distinction”
- Over ¼ of City is devoted to parks and open space
- Twinsburg Library Ranked #1 nationally in its category
- Strong, diverse business base including Baker Hughes GE, Rockwell, Sanfran Electrical Power, CEIA-USA, Goodrich, Hitachi USA, Pepsi-Cola, Verizon, Windstream, and others
- Diverse housing opportunities
- Low property taxes
- Location, location, location; Twinsburg is conveniently halfway between Cleveland and Akron
The City of Twinsburg is located at the northeast edge of Summit County, Ohio and is centrally situated within the Cleveland and Akron metropolitan region. Twinsburg’s strategic location within the regional roadway network has contributed tremendously to its development and resulting population growth. The construction of Interstate 480 linked Twinsburg to the Ohio Turnpike and provided national accessibility through two I-480 interchanges in the City. This convenient access to both the Cleveland and Akron metropolitan areas exposed substantial undeveloped land in Twinsburg and other I-480 corridor communities to the pressures of suburban expansion.
The City of Twinsburg has a 2 percent income tax that is levied on the gross pay of anyone working in the City. If you live in Twinsburg and work outside of Twinsburg, the City grants 100 percent credit for income tax that is paid to the city in which you are employed.
The City contracts with the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) to administer income tax collections. RITA online provides the income tax portion of the City's codified ordinance, income tax forms, and the ability to file income tax online.
Cornerstone Business Park
Industrial space vacancies in Twinsburg continue to be running at an all-time low at about 3% of total space. As 2019 gets underway the former Chrysler Stamping Plant property, renamed Cornerstone Business Park, will have over 1,500,000 s.f. of industrial building space. Approximately 650,000 s.f. of this will accommodate O’Reilly Auto Enterprises and a multi-tenant speculative industrial building, increasing employment in the park to over 1,200 jobs. The industrial sector continues to be Twinsburg’s strongest asset. A drive around the City will show several job available signs. The following is a summary of the year’s economic development activity.
Cornerstone Business Park (former Chrysler Stamping Plant)
- Cornerstone Business Park is home to Vistar/PFG, FedEx, Amazon, TTW (Bridgestone), Berlin Packaging, Corbel Plastics, Dunkin Donuts Consumer Products and soon, O’Reilly Auto Enterprises. Tenants have yet to be identified for the 248,000 s.f. speculative industrial building. Approximately 23 acres remain in the park for development.
- O’Reilly Auto Enterprises, LLC will soon occupy a 404,000 s.f. distribution facility that will serve a multi-state region and employ over 350. It is anticipated that this addition will bring more than $11 million in new payroll and its associated income tax revenue.
- Scannell Properties is constructing a 248,000 s.f. speculative multi-tenant industrial building which is on the same completion timeline as the O’Reilly building. This building will be similar to the building constructed three years ago which is now fully occupied.